Clarisse von Wunschheim
Clarisse von Wunschheim specializes in international and cross-cultural dispute resolution, in particular international arbitration and commercial mediation and with a focus on the European and Chinese market.
Her main areas of practice include general contract law, agency and distribution, sales, technology transfer, joint ventures as well as other forms of foreign investment. Clarisse has been involved as counsel, arbitrator and mediator in a multitude of arbitration proceedings under various rules including the ICC, SCAI, Uncitral Rules, ICSID, CIETAC, HKIAC, SIAC, DIS, VIAC, WIPO, etc.
Described by Who’s Who legal as a “fast, smart and solution-oriented lawyer”, Clarisse is particularly appreciated by her clients and peers for her strategic thinking, her inspirational mindset and her personal dedication to each case.
She leads the firm’s Switzerland-China Business Solutions.
- Dispute Resolution (arbitration & mediation)
- General Contract Law
- Transfer of Technology
- Licensing & Distribution
- Joint Ventures & international partnerships
- since 2018 Partner at Altenburger
- 2015-2018 Of Counsel at Asiallians Attorneys, Beijing
- 2015-2017 Partner at Hartmann Dreyer Attorneys-at-Law, Fribourg
- 2010-2015 Founding Partner WunschARB Sàrl, Beijing / Fribourg
- 2008-2009 Associate at Jones Day, Beijing
- 2006-2008 Associate at DLA Piper, Beijing
- 2003 Junior clerk at the Zurich District Court
- 2002 Junior associate at Schellenberg Wittmer, Zurich
- 2013 Accredited CEDR Mediator, London
- 2010 Dr. iur. with predicate 'summa cum laude', Fribourg
- 2004 Bar admission, Zurich
- 2001 Lic. iur. with predicate 'summa cum laude', Fribourg
French, German, English, Spanish, Chinese
- since 2012 Lecturer at the University of Turin, Italy
- 2016-2018 Lecturer at the Geneva School of Economics and Management (University of Geneva)
- 2010-2018 Lecturer at the University of Fribourg
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA)
- European China Law Association (ECLA)
- Swiss-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (SCCC)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
A listing of a selection of Dr. iur. Clarisse von Wunschheim publications can be found here.