Lawyer, Ph.D., LL.M.
- 2014: Ph.D., School for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, EHESS, Paris):«A Comparative Study of Medically Assisted Procreation: France, Germany and the United Kingdom»; under the supervision of Marie-Angèle Hermitte (Honorary Director of Studies at EHESS, Honorary Research Director at CNRS). Awarded the highest level of distinction. Publisher: Presses universitaires d’Aix-Marseille (PUAM). Members of the jury: Brigitte Feuillet (Professor of Law at the University of Rennes), Frédérique Ferrand (Professor of Law at the University of Jean Moulin Lyon 3), Dominique Memmi (Research Director at CNRS), Françoise Shenfield (Hospital Physician and Clinical Lecturer at the University College London Hospitals).
- 2009-2011: Clinical Ethics Training Seminar at the Centre d’éthique clinique de l’hôpital Cochin, Paris.
- 2000-2007: Career interruption due to relocation to France and the caretaking of my children (born 2001 and 2003).
- June 1999: Tel Aviv University, Israel (Department of Philosophy; Master memoire: The Ethics of Genetic Research on Sexual Orientation, under the supervision of Professor Asa Kasher.
- June 1998: LL.M., New York University School of Law (New York, USA), Specialization in bioethics and public policy.
- May 1997: Admission to the Bar of Tel-Aviv, Israel.
- June 1995: Master in Law (Maîtrise de Droit), Université Paris II-Panthéon Assas (Paris, France).
- 2016-2017: Scientific researcher at the Collegium Helveticum (a joint initiative of University of Zurich and ETH Zurich), Fellowship of Prof. Andrea Büchler, Zurich.
- since April 2014: Member of the Centre for Studies of Legal Rules (Centre d’études des normes juridiques, CENJ) at the School for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (École des hautes études en sciences sociales, EHESS), Paris.
- Member of the newly-created European Steering Committee on Human Genome Editing, at the initiative of several European bioethics commissions, first meeting November 13th 2017. Next meeting March 2018. Website: http://wwwuser.cnb.csic.es/~montoliu/CRISPR/ethics/
- Member of the newly-created interdisciplinary Franco-American Network on Assisted Reproductive Technologies (FANART). First conference in New York April 11th-April 18th, second conference planned in April 2019 in Paris. Social media pages under construction.
- Since May 2014: Member of the Society of Comparative Legislation (SLC), Paris.
- Former member of the staff deliberation at the Center for Clinical Ethics, Cochin Hospital, Paris.
- Lawyer at the Bar of Tel Aviv (voluntary suspension).
- Former member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Committee on Bioethical Issues.
- November 2014 - June 2017: Joint direction with Marie-Angèle Hermitte and Séverine Mathieu of the project “
Le ‘droit à l’enfant’ et la filiation en France et dans le monde,” financed by the Mission de recherche Droit et Justice (a joint initiative of the French Ministry of Justice and CNRS): Legal and Sociological Analysis of the French Context Considering Foreign Practices Related to Filiation of Children Conceived through Surrogacy Abroad (Belgium, United Kingdom, Israel).
- Spring Semester 2019: “Introduction to Reproductive Technologies,” Seminar, Contextual Studies, Bachelor Program, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, St. Gallen University, St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Academic year 2014-2015: “Law-creating illegalities in the field of medically assisted procreation in France, the UK, Germany, Belgium, and Israel,” Seminar, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Paris, France.
Eine vollständige Auflistung der Publikationen von Karène Parizer-Krief finden Sie hier.