- 2017 – present: Associate Professor of Public International Law
- 2014 – 2017: Post-Doctoral Researcher and Lecturer (Lehrbeauftragte), University of Basel
Swiss administrative law, public law, comparative constitutional law
- 2014 – 2015: Lecturer (Lehrbeauftragte), University of Lucerne
Swiss constitutional law
- 2011 – 2014: Lecturer, Bangor University School of Law
Teaching: Public international law; international humanitarian law; European Union law, European human rights law; legacies of armed conflict and repression (interdisciplinary); legal research methods
- 2008 – 2012: Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (HEID)
PhD in International Law (summa). Published as Taking Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Seriously in International Criminal Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law, 2015)
- Spring 2011: Harvard Law School
Cambridge MA, USA
Exchange PhD researcher.
- 2007 – 2008: The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University
Medford MA, USA
Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy.
- 2002 – 2007: Graduate Institute of International Studies (HEI, now HEID)
Master (‹Licence›) in International Relations.
- May 2013: Free University of Amsterdam
Visiting Instructor. Taught an intensive interdisciplinary research seminar for postgraduate students.
- April 2008 – June 2010: TRIAL – Swiss Association against Impunity, Legal Tools Project of the International
Criminal Court. Project Coordinator.
- May 2008 – Jan 2012: United States Institute of Peace (USIP), Rule of Law – Transitional Justice.
Researcher, Truth Commission Digital Collection.
- 2010 – 2012: Amnesty International. Board Member of Amnesty International Switzerland.
- 2006 – 2007: Graduate Institute of International Studies, Geneva. Research Assistant.
- 2005: Bahrain Transparency Society (chapter-in-formation of Transparency International).
Coordinator and On-Site Conference Organizer.
Fellowships, Grants and Awards
- Christiane-Rajewsky-Award (book prize of the German Association for Peace and Conflict Studies), 2016
- Fellow of the British Higher Education Academy (Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education), 2015
- Max-Geldner Fellowship Grant for Habilitation Research, 2015
- Three SNF grants (Ambizione / International Short Visit / Scientific Conferences), 2014, 2015, 2016
- Erasmus Staff Exchange Grant, 2013
- Kathryn Davis Grant and Shelby Cullom Davis Doctoral Scholarship 2008 – 2012
- Academic Platform Switzerland UN – Award (PhD category) 2011
- Göttingen Journal of International Law Essay Competition, First Prize, 2008
- Jean-Pictet Competition (moot court), semi-finalist, 2009
- Donald R. MacJannet Fellowship and Asher Hobson Scholarship 2007 – 2008
- Distinction as best student of graduating class, Graduate Institute of International Studies, 2007
- ASA-Program scholarship; granted by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (DDC/DEZA), 2004
A complete listing of Evelyne Schmid's publications can be found here.