Clara-Ann Gordon is specialized in the areas of TMT/Outsourcing, data privacy, internal investigations/e-discovery and compliance.
She regularly advises clients in the above areas on contractual, governance/compliance and other legal matters, represents clients in transactions and before the competent regulatory and investigating authorities as weil as before state courts, arbitral tribunals andin mediation proceedings, renders opinions on critical regulatory and contract law topics in the said industry specific areas.
Clara-Ann Gordon has advised on and negotiated a broad range of national and international IT, software and outsourcing transactions (also in regulated markets), has represented clients in technology related court proceedings and international arbitration and is experienced in data protection and secrecy laws, white collar investigations and e-discovery, telecom regulations (including lawful interception), e-commerce, and IT law.
Clara-Ann Gordon regularly publishes in the field of technology (ICT) and frequently speaks at national and international conferences on emerging legal issues in technology law. Accordingly, she is a member of several ICT focused professional associations, such as ASUT, DGRI, IAPP, IBA (Technology Law Committee) and ITechLaw.
Clara-Ann Gordon is regularly quoted by Chambers, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, Who's Who Legal, EuroMoney's Guide to leading Information Technology Lawyers, WIPR, Warnen in Business law and Leaders League. Clara-Ann Gordon is recognised as a Thought Leader for TMT by Who's Who Legal 2018. In addition, Clara-Ann Gordon won the ILO Client Choice Award for "IT & Internet Switzerland" in 2016. She is past Chair of the IBA Technology Law Committee, past member of the LPD Council of the IBA, current Officer with the IBA Warnen Lawyers lnterest Group; Co-Chair of the Dispute Resolution Committee of ITechLaw, a member of the INTA Enforcement Committee, an IT mediator/arbitrator and board member with SGOA; Co-Chair of IAPP Basel/Zurich KnowledgeNet Chapter and a member of the programme commission ICT - Recht und Praxis - of the Europa Institute at the University of Zurich.
- 2016 – Partner, Niederer Kraft Frey AG
- 2009 – Partner at a major Swiss law firm
- 2003 – Associate at a major Swiss law firm
- 2001 – Secondment at Diogenes Verlag
- 2000 – Secondment at ABB
- 1998 – Associate at a major Swiss law firm
- 2017 – CEDR Accredited Mediator
- 1998 – LL.M., (IP) Queen Mary & Westfield College, London
- 1997 – Admitted to the Bar, Canton of Berne (Rechtsanwältin)
The following is a selection of recent public cases in which Ms Gordon acted as counsel to:
- Actelion in its tender offer to Johnson & Johnson and demerger of R&D operations
- LafargeHolcim in an outsourcing project (cloud)
- The Body Shop in connection with its franchise agreements and set-up of online shop TNT in data protection related matters
- Worldwebforum in connection with all contracts for the conference
- Microsoft in bringing the first insurance company in Switzerland into the cloud
- An American manufacturer and marketer of prestige skincare, makeup, fragrance and hair care products in connection with data privacy and anti-bribery compliance program
- A major Swiss publishing house in its joint venture with Swiss broadcasting corporation SRG and Swisscom
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development on the licensing of an online database of Environmental Product Declarations for concrete
- A large US telecom provider regarding compliance with lawful interception provisions in Switzerland and negotiations with Swiss authorities (Post and Telecommunications Surveillance Service - PTSS)
- A multinational technology company in leading the team regarding an internal investigation in connection with bribery allegations
- A Swiss bank in proceedings before UK High Court (blocking statutes and data privacy) A German lncubator in the roll-out of its e-commerce businesses in Switzerland
- A French apparel manufacturer and lifestyle brand regarding the implementation of its ERP fashion platform
A complete listing of Clara-Ann Gordon's publications can be found here.